april: embracing the first time for everything.

april was the month of many beginnings.  I started teaching friday night yogaaah, I wrote my first guest post, I went to the Brisbane Queer Film Festival for the first time, and I finally met some local lesbian mums.

writings featured elsewhere
  • The Art of Making Magic Moments.  This piece was written as part of a series about 'presence + parenting' for Carina at Mindful Ground.  Love love love the wisdom from all the guest posts.
 
helping these dreams come true
  • She teaches a POWERFUL yoga class + has an awesome canadian accent, and she's on a mission to raise $5k by June 1st for the Africa Yoga Project (and she's already half way there!)  Lauren has a big heart + knows it's all about philanthropy.  
  • Nicole + Marina of Soul Kiss Films are empowering women one film at a time.   I connected with these ladies because their story (which they showcased in their film Elena Undone) was very similar to my story.  I was one of the many donors who helped these women succeeded in raising $50k to get their next film off the ground!!  With a little extra help + support, they'll reach their next target of raising an additional $35k to finish the film.  This film family has demonstrated the power of women + community + love wrapped up all in one.  

There's a lot of movement coming up in May...stay tuned!

No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...