Discovering Sustainable LOVE.

I want the feeling of falling in love to last forever.

Do you remember what it feels like when you wake up every morning with a smile on your face?  Do you remember when you would jump out of bed with joy and vitality each day?  Do you remember when you would embrace the mystery of the day with your arms wide open?  Do you remember when you would have a little skip in your stride with a knowing confidence that life is just as it should be?  Do you remember when your enthusiasm and excitement would infect everyone around you?   Do you remember when your entire world would be illuminated with vibrancy and colour?  Do you remember when you felt ALIVE?

Like I said, I want the feeling of falling in love to last forever.
 
But for those of us who have fallen in and out of love know that it’s risky business.  In the so called game of love, nothing lasts forever.  Shit happens.  Communication channels are broken.  We are misunderstood.  We misunderstand.  We take things personal.  Conflict arises.  Frustration sets in.   Resentment, guilt, anger, jealousy...it all creeps in.  And at its worst, heartbreak occurs.   What once made us feel alive now makes us feel miserable.  It’s the law of impermanence at its best. 

Still, I can’t help but want the feelings of falling in love to last forever.
I use to view falling in love as a two person show.  If I wanted to feel the goodness that was evoked from falling in love, I would need someone else to help me.  But this kind of thinking always left me broken hearted.  This kind of thinking left me feeling miserable and sorry for myself.   This kind of thinking left me dependant on someone else to evoke these feelings.  

So if you want the feelings of falling in love to last forever, I invite you to fall in love not with someone else, but with yourself, for this is the most sustainable source of LOVE.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was so nice. I have said a lit lately that I want to feel in love. I have never felt in love with myself. Thanks for the kick in the arse... Xo

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...