Reverb10 Finale.

I have just returned from my 10 day adventure at Woodford Festival (more about that later) and was deciding whether or not I should complete the Reverb10 prompts.  A part of me was ready to tackle my next project (AIM2011) but I have decided to work on my "follow-through to completion" muscle.  So here are the final prompts of Reverb10.  I'll be back later this week with my first post for AIM2011.


December 15 – 5 Minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010. (Author: Patti Digh)
All the love.  All the kisses.  All the cuddles.  All the laughter.  All the deep and meaningful conversations.  All the hello's.  All the goodbyes.  All the thankyou's.  And even all the tears. 

December 16 – Friendship. How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst? (Author: Martha Mihalick) 
A beautiful friend told me that "love and truth is all that a relationship needs.  Love is being gentle in our delivery of truth and truth is being authentic in our delivery of love".  She was like a little light in my darkest hours.

December 17 – Lesson Learned. What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward? (Author: Tara Weaver)
All I need is already deep within me...waiting to unfold and reveal itself. In times of crisis, I may feel like I need to consult this person, or that person, or read this book or that book, or do my cards, or have a reading, or get some bodywork...but what I really need to do, is create some stillness and simply trust myself.

December 18 – Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it? (Author: Kaileen Elise)
I wanted to try and figure out wordpress but for some reason I seem to be wordpress-illiterate.  Maybe I'll master it in 2011??!!

December 19 – Healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? (Author: Leonie Allan)
Shifting my search for happiness from the outside to the inside.  Whilst this shift has been happening slowly (but surely), there's nothing like a 10 day Silent Retreat to truly 'experience' the shift.

December 20 – Beyond Avoidance. What should you have done this year but didn’t because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Author: Jake Nickell)
Nothing.  Instead there are probably a lot of things I should NOT have done...but this was my year of TRUTH...to live it and speak it.

December 21 – Future Self. Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead?  (Author: Jenny Blake)
Be authentic, trust yourself, love passionately, live wholeheartedly, and learn to let go.

December 22 – Travel.  How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year? (Author: Tara Hunt)
The highlight of my travels for 2010 was definitely the spontaneous road trip to Sydney to see Florence and the Machine.  My travels have not been far and wide, so in 2011 I hope to get my passport and finally venture offshore for my first time ever.


December 23 – New Name. Let’s meet again, for the first time. If you could introduce yourself to strangers by another name for just one day, what would it be and why? (Author: Becca Wilcott)
Smiley.  Everyone should be named smiley...at least for a day!

December 24 Prompt – Everything’s OK.  What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead? (Author: Kate Inglis)
Even when there was chaos around me, I trusted that everything would be okay as long as I followed my heart.  And when I do, I don't need to know all the "how to's" before making a decision.

December 25 – Photo. Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.
(Author: Tracey Clark)
Love. Grace. Beauty. Truth. (This pic is taken by my girlfriend in her bedroom).

December 26 – Soul Food What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth; touched your soul? (Author: Elise Marie Collins)
Prawn dim sims...and it's AMAZING dipping sauce. O-M-G!  

December 27 – Ordinary Joy. Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year? (Author: BrenĂ© Brown) 
Watching my daughter create, paint, dance, cut, glue, colouring in, dressing up...she is the energiser bunny for the ever-flow of creative freedom.

December 28 – Achieve. What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.  (Author: Tara Sophia Mohr)
Grace.  I want my feelings, thoughts and actions to be congruent and I want to experience countless synchronicities.  So, in 2011 I'll be meditating more, spending plenty of time alone, overhauling my nutrition, practicing compassion and learning to let go of even more "stuff".

December 29 – Defining Moment Describe a defining moment or series of events that has affected your life this year. (Author: Kathryn Fitzmaurice).  
Every single moment where the truth has been liberated or I have liberated the truth.  These have been my most challenging moments...and yet, my most rewarding.

December 30 – Gift. This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. What’s the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year? (Author: Holly Root)
A 2hr pamper session at an African Day Spa for my birthday.  I forgot how AMAZING a full body massage and facial feels!!!  

December 31 – Core Story. What central story is at the core of you, and how do you share it with the world?  (Author: Molly O’Neill)
Breathe and all is revealed.  Love and all is healed.  Vulnerability takes courage.  And authenticity is magnetic. 

No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...