Reverb10 - week one prompts!

Reverb 10 is an online initiative that encourages participants to reflect on this year and manifest what’s next. It's an opportunity to retreat and consider the reverberations of the year past and those that you'd like to create in the year ahead.  The Reverb community is connected by the belief that sharing our stories has the power to change us.  There is a prompt every day created by each of the 31 authors including some of my fav people such as Brene Brown and Susannah Conway.  And I've only just joined, so I'm playing catchup by posting them in weekly blocks.  Here's the first week.
 
December 1 – One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you? (Author: Gwen Bell)
2010 - trust.  I closed many doors this year and opened many new ones.  I was determined to follow my heart, which meant stepping out into the unknown.  This required a whole lot of trust...trusting myself and trusting the process.
2011 - grace.  As Deepak Chopra says, "To live in grace is to experience that state of consciousness where things flow and your desires are easily fulfilled".

December 2 – Writing. What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it? (Author: Leo Babauta)
Endless hours 'surfing' the web.  I could definitely eliminate some of this.

December 3 – Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). (Author: Ali Edwards)
Meditating.  I was sitting in the Dhamma Hall learning Vipassana.  I was about 4 days into the 10 day silent retreat.  It was 4:30am...it was still dark outside.  It was raining...sometimes it was pelting down on the tin roof...other times it was just drizzling.  The smell of rain and pine trees filled the room.  As the sun rose, the insects, frogs and birds would all sing their morning song each at their own special time...it was exactly the same every morning...and it was always end with the kookaburra's laughing.  It was during these morning meditations that I felt like a big ball of energy that was somehow connected to everything...from the rain pelting down to the kookaburra's laughing good morning.  In those moments of silence, I felt soooo alive!

December 4 – Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year? (Author: Jeffrey Davis)
Opening my heart and opening my mind. Since my quarter life crisis awakening, I've been questioning everything and reading every book on spirituality and metaphysics I can get my hands on. 

December 5 – Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why? (Author: Alice Bradley)
What didn't I let of of this year!  I let go of my work in order to explore new opportunities.  I let go of my marriage in order to be true to myself.  I also downsized my home, so I simplified my life and let go of many possessions...including the huge clean out of my clear boxes.  I've been letting go all year...and now there's a whole lot of white open space ready for 2011.

December 6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)
A cover for one of my many notebooks.  I loooooove covering my notebooks.  I've been doing this primary school.  At the moment, I'm really drawn to words, so I snipped out a million words and pieced them all together on an A4 piece of paper and VOILA!

December 7 – Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011? (Author: Cali Harris)
The "shed project" with Bindu Wiles was an amazing online community.  The wisdom and the honesty of the group was very powerful and inspiring.  Next year, I look forward to connecting more within my local community, especially in the form of yoga.

No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...